Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bilirubin Update #2

(This post was written in an email on Friday, February 3rd)

Friends and Family,

I want to first start by thanking you all for your extremely positive and uplifting notes, prayers, thoughts and offers to help after my latest post. It was overwhelming, in a positive and motivational way. I have to admit that I had a tough day, emotionally, this past Wednesday. I am much better now and owe that in large part to all of you. I am also feeling better, and I was told today, don't look as yellow.

I had more blood work this afternoon and reviewed the results with my oncologist. I'm very happy to report that my bilirubin counts are going down (Thank you, Jesus)! They decreased from above 11 to 9 (optimal is less than 2) over the course of this week, which was the level they were prior to my ERCP procedure. It's hard to say what's causing the decrease - it may be a delayed positive benefit from the procedure and/or it may be the cumulative affect of the pentoxifylline + high dose vitamin C & E I have been taking. Whatever it is, I'll certainly take it! I'm really hoping & praying the decreased bilirubin counts continue, then we can call it a trend! My next blood work and Dr's appointment is Thursday morning, February 9th.

In the meantime, Michelle and I are taking a getaway trip we planned before Christmas, as a gift to each other. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Monterey and Carmel in Northern California. We are staying at a B&B a few blocks up from Cannery Row in Monterey, and plan on attending the practice days at the AT&T (boo!) Pebble Beach Pro-Am that is going on this weekend at the Pebble Beach Golf Complex. The highlights will be seeing the professional golfers up close, some big names are confirmed - including Tiger, and to hopefully get a chance to interact with some 49ers of today and of years past (Jim Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark, Harris Barton, and Brent Jones) who are participating in a charity golf competition versus some SF Giants. I'm also a huge fan of aquariums and from what I've read, the Monterey aquarium is top notch. The weather looks sunny and warmer than Seattle, but more than the weather I'm just looking forward to getting away and spending some time with my incredible wife for a few days. Michelle has been my true rock through all this, whom I love unconditionally, and without her I would not be alive today.

Happy Friday & a sincere thank you again for all your support. Keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming!

Stay Well,
Rhone

No comments:

Post a Comment